Person Centred counselling is a theory which can help people work through life issues such as depression, anxiety, bereavement, life transitions, anger, to name a few.
I have over 30 years of experience working with mental health and emotional well-being, supporting people with life events that can be difficult to talk to family members and friends about.
My aim is to provide a safe supportive relationship, a calm and confidential space for you to feel heard and understood. Being non-judgemental in my attitude, my congruent manner and empathic understanding will provide the conditions necessary for change to occur as we work together to help you have a more fulfilling life.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, MBACP. I trained at Leeds and Salford University’s for my graduate and post graduate training.
I receive monthly supervision in line with the ethical framework of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, have full professional indemnity insurance and DBS checked.
I work with adult, older adults and trainees and these services are delivered face to face, by telephone or video call.
CURRENT STUDIES / CPD / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• CPD Hub BACP Self Care. Fiona Dunkley. 2020
• CPD Hub BACP Broken Lives, Broken Brains, Broken Hearts-Find Joy in Healing the Residue of Trauma. Judy Crane. 2020
• CPD, Working with Trauma in a Time of Trauma. Carolyn Spring. 2020
• In House Mandatory Training Courses, Data Protection, Child / Adult Abuse, Health & Safety, DBS Checked.
• How to do Counselling Online: A Coronavirus Primer. The Open University and the BACP. 2020
• Dealing with distress: Working with suicide and self-harm. Carolyn Spring, 2022
• Video and phone counselling 2.0: advancing your knowledge. The open university and the BACP. 2023